Research & Development
• People at Van Remmen UV Techniek are inquisitive and eager to learn by nature. We are open to new developments in technology and applications. We like ‘off-road thinking’, i.e. diverting from the beaten track to explore new possibilities. And this has always resulted in very practical, sound and well-proven solutions.
• An in-house test facility is essential for this. We have such a facility in a separate building next to our office, where we can work efficiently and undisturbed. Here we can perform the validation of UV reactors according to NEN 14897. It is also used for research, either for customers or for our own development work or in the framework of research projects together with knowledge institutions.
• Van Remmen UV Techniek is involved in various national and international research projects in the field of UV and water treatment. For instance, the European DEMEAU project (Demonstration project on promising technologies that tackle emerging pollutants in water and wastewater) and UV mon (Bio-monitored Ballast Water Treatment).
• For laboratory analyses we cooperate with renowned laboratories in the Netherlands and abroad. For example, validation research is done together with KBBL, a company that has all the necessary certifications and accreditations. The fact that KBBL is located in Wijhe, at just a few miles from our office, greatly contributes to a smooth and intensive cooperation.
• Van Remmen UV Techniek maintains close contacts with knowledge institutions such as Wetsus, CEW, KWR, TU Delft, TU Twente, Wageningen University, TNO and IUVA. Furthermore, we actively participate in water networks such as: Aqua Nederland, Water Alliance, and Aqua Innovation Network.
• In all our product development and research projects sustainability and innovation play a major role. UV is inherently a sustainable technique, as no chemicals are added and no by-products are created. Moreover, our unique reactor design and the use of low- pressure systems result in a minimal energy consumption per quantity treated (W/m³). Our involvement with research projects and our cooperation with knowledge institutions enable us to test innovations in practice continuously, both in terms of technology and in terms of new application options with existing and new customers.
Products & services:
- UV systems for drinking water supply
- UV systems for wastewater treatment
- UV systems for swimming pools and fountains
- UV systems for process water treatment
- AOP (Advanced Oxidation Process)
- UV systems for surface treatment
- Transmittance measurements
- Custom-made equipment
- Research & Development
- Distribution and servicing